excerpt from smud
• Air sealed the envelope.
• Replaced roof adding ridge vents to improve attic ventilation
• 15” blown in cellulose (R-50) attic insulation.
• 2X6, 16” o.c. framing with blown in cellulose insulation (R-19-21) in addition.
• Replaced existing windows with high- performance ENERGY STAR® windows (U-value = 0.29-028 SHGC = 0.22-0.19)
• Replaced existing 7.75 HSPF, SEER 13 Heat Pump and R-2 ducts with a ductless, mini-split HSPF 9.0, SEER 15/EER 9.2 heat pump with three air handlers and an ENERGY STAR® programmable thermostat.
• Convertedexistingelectricstoragewaterheater with “add-on” heat pump water heater with COP of 2.5.
• Replacedallincandescentlightingfixtureswith hard wired ENERGY STAR® compact fluorescent (CFL) lighting fixtures.
• ENERGY STAR® Tier 2, Energy Factor 0.68 dishwasher
• ENERGY STAR® ceiling fans and CFL light kits
• ENERGY STAR® Bathroom low sone fans with Timer Controls
• ENERGY STAR® Range Hood• Home Energy Rating (HERS) testing and verification